what country are you from?

free counters

Thursday, June 3, 2010

ELF Cream Eyeliners

Click the title to go to the ELF site where you can purchase these

The above picture is taken without flash

Ok so in this post I am going to talk about the 3 eyeliners that I own from ELF.
I own the colors coffee, black and ivory. Of the 3 that I own, I love the colors coffee and black. Ivory - not so much. Lets talk about why I don't like ivory.

When I purchased it all the other colors were out of stock but I wanted to try the consistency of the product. I thought that this would be a matte white color... honestly I don't really know why I wanted a matte white right now but at the time it is what I expected. I received it in the mail and ripped it opened only to find out that white was more of a pearly silver color.

UGH!!
I was so mad because on the website you can not tell the color the product. So I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I tried it as a highlight, it was not bad.

The black is very dark and rich. When I think of coffee I think of a really dark brown - the coffee color is not very dark but it is such a great color!!
These eyeliners are really great.

I have tried a variety of eye liners - liquid and kohl pencils. I have a big problem with smudging, so finding the perfect liner has been a big challenge for me. ELF cream liners claim to be: "Smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-resistant coverage for all day wear to combat against, sweat, tears and rain". I would say that this holds true. They hold up all day too!

I really don't have anything bad to say about these except that ivory is not a matte white. I really want to get the midnight color to complete my collection!!

Taken with Flash


taken without flash in natural light

I defiantly recommend these to anyone and everyone!!
For only $3 give them a try!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info - this is one of the few e.l.f. products that I haven't tried yet and I don't have many cream liners that really don't smudge without a sealer so I'll be placing an order to try these out today! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully you were able to take advantage of the 60% off (the whole site) sale they were having yesterday. I really do love these alot!! I think they might be my fave elf product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was! :) Thank you! .. Can't wait to see more reviews. I will be doing some more e.l.f. product reviews soon too :) I had already placed an order about a week prior to your post so I have 2 heading my way now.. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which brush from ELF do you use to apply these cream eyeliners?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit!! I JUST purchased the ivory, thinking it was white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya the Ivory sure was a piss off!!

    I use the studio line small angled brush http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/brushes_&_applicators/small_angled_brush
    or any brush that is like that

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and try to comment back right away!