what country are you from?

free counters

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My ELF Brushes

Click the title to be directed to the ELF website where you can purchase these brushes.

So this is going to be a review of my ELF brushes, including pictures of the ones I own and what I use them for. After every description I will have a picture of the brush from the side or the top so you can see how thick or wide the brush is. So first I am going to talk about the brushes from the professional line. These brushes only cost $1 USD.


So the top 3 brushes are actually from the sugarkiss line that has been discontinued but they are the same quality as the professional line.
The eyeshadow brush is really good. It is dense enough that it can pack on color and fluffy enough to blend shadows. I own about 8 eyeshadow brushes so I don't use this one very often.


Next is the sugarkiss smudge brush - they call it a brush but it is just kind of like a hard sponge. I use this to smudge my eyeshadows or eyeliners.


The sugarkiss set includes a sponge tip applicator. I don't use these so I don't have much to say. Before I used a smudge "brush" I used to use these to smudge my shadow/liner.


Ok So now onto the professional line starting from the left is the eyelash & brow wand. Which I refer to as a spoolie. I love these things I own 4 of them. Mostly I use them when I am removing my eye make up. I really like to make sure that my lashes are clean and separated when I am going to bed. I also use them to comb my eyebrows.


Next is the smudge brush - which is the same tip as the sugarkiss line.


The third brush is the lip defining brush. It is quite small. I don't use this brush on my lips at all. I use this brush for small detail work on my eyes.


The eyeshadow brush is the same as the sugarkiss line just with a longer handle.


The blending brush is amazing. I use this for blending my colors together and softening any harsh lines I might have. I also use it to apply color and it picks the color up pretty good.


I am not a fan of the foundation brush. I have never tried any brand other than elf so I have nothing to compare it to. What I do know is that of all the times I have tried to use it, it just leaves me streaky and is not really worth using for the amount of time I have to spend blending out the lines.


The blushing, bronzing and blending brush does what it says. The name is ridiculously long but it is true. I use this brush mostly for contouring my face. The hollows of my cheeks, along my jawline etc. The only thing about this brush is it has red hairs that make it kind of scratchy. It is really hardly noticeable compared to the brush I am going to talk about next.


The next brush I am going to talk about is a total let down. I mean for $1 it is not a huge loss but I really wanted this to be a good brush. The brush has those red hairs I was talking about. On this brush those red hairs feel like you are trying to apply makeup with a green scrubby from your kitchen. It also doesn't pick up product as well as I thought it would.


Ok.... on to the studio line. These brushes are $3 except for the kabuki's they are a few dollars more. The studio line may be a bit more money than the professional line but it is well worth the money. They are all VERY soft!


Kabuki Face brush - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush. It is so soft and blends product so well. I use this to apply finishing powders or even to blend out my blush and bronzer.



Powder brush - I don't know if I love this brush more or the same as the kabuki. This brush is so great!! It is really soft and dense and it picks up product so well. The only down side is when you are washing it you have to spend extra time rinsing it out because it is so dense. I use this brush to stipple on liquid foundation, stipple/buff pressed powder, apply blush/bronzer and blend out and harsh lines.


Angled Foundation brush - I don't like this at all. Maybe I don't know how to use foundation brushes but I just find it to leave me very streaky.


Complexion Brush - This brush is like the way better version of the total face brush. It picks up product really well and is easy to use for blending. I use it only if I use the complexion perfection powder from ELF.


Blush brush - This brush picks up product fairly well. I try to use this brush but I don't wear a lot of blush so I don't have a very good idea of the quality.


Concealer brush - This brush works really well. It is fairly dense and holds product nicely. I use this brush every day to apply my concealer.


Fan brush - This brush is your typical fan brush. It is quite flimsy but it works well for brushing away eyeshadow fallout. This picture shows it being quite a bit thicker than it really is.


Lastly is the Small angled brush - It is a fairly thick brush compared to other angled brushes. I really like it for my cream liners, lining the waterline.
'

Well that is all of my brushes, you can find any of them at eyeslipsface.com I hope that some of this info has helped you. Leave me any questions or comments!
Take care
Syvannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and try to comment back right away!