what country are you from?

free counters

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

EOS Smooth Sphere

Clicking on the title will bring you to the page where you can buy this product

Hey guys and welcome to my new followers!
So this is going to be a review of the EOS (evolution of smooth) smooth sphere which is a lip balm that claims to be made of 100% natural ingredients and 95% of those are organic. You can find these at http://www.evolutionofsmooth.com or if you live in the states : Walgreens, Rite-aid etc. Unfortunately I live in Canada so I don't have access to those stores. The EOS website charges flat rate shipping of $15 USD to Canada. As you can imagine I found that to be totally outrageous for a $4 USD lip balm, so I turned to Ebay. I was able to find one that cost $8 USD including shipping. The flavor I purchased is called summer fruits.




Summer fruits has been described to smell similar to a whole arrangement of fruits from strawberries to peaches to grapefruit. I guess everyone has their own idea of what it smells like but what I think it smells like is ......... Fuzzy peaches!!




I find that this product works best when it is slightly warm.
The pros:
* natural/organic ingredients
* cute packaging
* great scent
* tastes good
* staying power is good while sleeping

The Cons:
* comes off easily while eating and drinking
* need to swipe across your lips several times to feel a decent amount of product
* runs out fast

Now, I will admit I have probably been using this balm more than most people would. I have been applying only this product to my lips since it has arrived on June 14th. So maybe that is like 10-15 times a day but for the amount that is gone you would think that I have had it for more than 8 days!




I do really like this product but I think it has been very over-rated. The first time I puckered up to apply this bad boy I found myself saying ... out loud... "Don't believe the hype".

If I could find this product in a store where it was maybe only $5 or so I would probably buy it again but having to track it down on ebay, pay for the shipping and wait 2 weeks is a bit much.

Well, I think I am just rambling now, if you have any questions or comments leave them below!!

<3
Syvannah

6 comments:

  1. Great review, I've been wanting to try it out myself! Great blog too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm glad that someone is benefiting from my rambles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i felt the same way when i tried it.. like what's the big deal? buttt, yu hafto try the GREEN one.. i mean, it's still not a WOW product, but it was better than the pink one bc for me, if my lip products rn't mentholated, i don't feel like they're working lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try them all but having to order them online for $8+ is a real downer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the green mint one, I just wanted to try it because the packaging is cute, but its not very 'portable' for pockets. And I don't think it's worth $8 especially for you. But for the $4 it's still not that great.

    The best lip balms ever are the Burts Bee's lip balm line, you should try those! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried those, they are pretty decent I just wanted to hop on the bandwagon of cute packaging goodness! lol I have bought other organic lipbalms intown for $6 so $8 didn't seem that bad.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and try to comment back right away!