what country are you from?

free counters

Saturday, July 17, 2010

ELF Eyelid Primer & Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

Clicking the title link will direct you to the page where you can purchase these products!

UGGGGHHHH!! I can't find my camera right now so I will have to post pictures later... sorry guys! I will post an update when I add pictures. If you want you can just skip this post for now. I just didn't want to try re-writing it later. :(

I haven't made a post in a few days because I have been trying to make this post. I keep forgetting to take pictures at the end of the day so I still don't have them now.

What I have done is apply the eyelid primer on my right eye and the mineral eyeshadow primer on my left eye, then applied my regular eyeshadow. Both primers apply the same, are about the same consistency and same color. The eyeshadow that I put on over top both primers looked the same. Guess what?!
They do the same thing!! AND... they even do the SAME thing as urban decay's potion primer! WOW! lol ok but seriously they all work the same for me. Maybe they don't work the same for others but in my opinion they are all the same thing.


My lids are fairly oily and products don't stay on all day long. With these primers they stay on longer but I still find that with all 3, a LONG day still makes for no eyeshadow left on my lids. By long day I mean 12+ hours. Usually the primers work for about 8 hours.

I find that they don't make the colors as vivid like other have claimed. They do a bit but not a great deal. I think that my problem is really that I have a medium complexion so colors don't show up on me the way I would hope anyways.

Would I buy these again?
I probably would just buy the eyelid primer because it is cheaper than the mineral one. I would definitely buy these over UDPP since I payed $22 for that O_o

Would I recommend them?
For sure! I think they work great and at such a low cost!

Let me know what you think of these products!



*EDIT*
I found my camera and have been able to take another round of pictures that includes one of the application several hours later.

Eyelid primer


Mineral Eyeshadow Primer


Several hours later

1 comment:

  1. If you want something like a primer that will make the color really bold and it won't move at all, try Aveda's eye transformer - It's a pretty new product but I purposefully wore it to bed after work one night to see if it would move since it hadn't even budged after a full day of work, and it looked exactly the same when I woke up.. talk about a strong hold!! - You can go into an Aveda store/salon to test it out before buying it too so you don't have to waste your $$ - I find that it's a stronger product than most people are looking for, but those like you that can't keep color on their lids for any length of time seem to love it! - There are different ways to use it but the way I got the best results was to mix the colors I was using into the transformer (just a drop will do it) before applying them to the lid and then blending - as opposed to covering the lid with the transformer and then applying the shadow.. but that might just be preference so I would try it both ways.. Another option for staying power, but not as much for the pigmentation issue, is spraying model in a bottle on after applying the shadow - that stuff is really great too.. If you try them I'd love to hear what you think!!! Sorry for the really long post..lol..I probably should have tried to figure out how to send this through a private message or something. Hope you're having a great day! - Looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and try to comment back right away!