what country are you from?

free counters

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mineral Face Primer

Clicking the title link will direct you to the page where you can purchase this product




Ok so many people (some not even followers) have asked me to review this product. I don't think that this is going to be the review some of you were hoping for.

ELF claims that this product will "Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish."

On myself I think that this is far fetched. I have oily skin with large pores and really wanted this product to work for me but it doesn't seem to do it.

I have tried to use this primer on many occasions and the first 2 times I used it I thought it was decent so when I was making another order with elf I reordered it (taking advantage of a 50% off studio coupon).

I am thinking that the 2 times I thought it was ok is because I was only wearing my make up for a few hours sitting around the house. I then put it to the test for 10+ hours while going out with my kid. That was bad news. Not only did it not keep my make up on, it made it run off faster. That day I was like the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico! Ok so maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration but honestly I was ridiculously oily. I thought maybe it is just this day. So I tried it again..... some thing.

So much for keeping oil at bay. As for filling enlarged pores and fine lines. I think not. This product didn't make a difference AT ALL with my pores.

The only thing I can say in favor of this product is that it applies nicely. If comes with a pump so getting the product out is easy... until the end (apparently). The reason I say it applies nicely is because when you put it on your skin it makes it feel really soft, almost like a powder finish. The silicone is what makes it feel like that.

Might I add though... I have read reviews and watched youtube reviews and like 75% of users really enjoy this product. EVEN girls with oily skin! So if you can get it using a 50% off coupon I say why not try it?

Would I buy this product again? (unfortunately I already did)

Would I recommend it to other? At the $3 I payed for it why not? It is far cheaper than most other face primers.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, disappointing, I thought it would work out good. I like the L'Oreal Studio Secrets resurfacing primer for filling in pores!
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried that product but I am kinda on a spending ban right now so i will have to look out for it later!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and try to comment back right away!